Amazing Benefits of Turmeric Water
Well, Turmeric is not a metal but a natural herb which is as eminent as gold. It can be easily found in parts of Southern Asia, especially India and can be even grown in the kitchen garden itself. This vigorous plant has a long history of medicinal use. Turmeric is not only used as a principal spice in cooking but also as a crucial component used in health care.
Moreover, its physical appearance slightly resembles with Ginger because both of them belong to the same family. Don’t worry about the confusion! It is very easy to differentiate between ginger and turmeric as the color of both of them varies. Ginger Extract will be brownish White/ Transparent while the extract of Turmeric will have pure yellow extract.
Turmeric is probably the most powerful herb on Earth and therefore its name was also derived from a Latin word “Terra Merita” meaning “Meritorious Earth”. However, Scientists call it Curcuma Longa. Turmeric is also famous worldwide by another name Curcumin, which is a compound/chemical produced from turmeric. Curcumin is considered as the main active ingredient present in Turmeric, possessing powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. There are many Curcumin oral supplements available in the market, but the best way to have it is in powdered form with water. Let’s discuss the benefits of Turmeric Water in detail.
Top 5 Amazing Benefits of Turmeric Water
1. Turmeric Water Aids Cancer
Turmeric is a root crop with yellow-orange flesh. Its popularity for being a spice has spread all across the globe, but the unknown fact about turmeric that people may not be aware of is its wonderful cancer-treating properties. Nowadays, Turmeric is being used as a complementary therapy with conventional cancer treatments. Studies have shown that this active ingredient can actually help in the prevention of several forms of cancers including breast, lung, stomach, and liver. This is just because of its highly effective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Benefits of Drinking Turmeric Water in the Morning for Cancer Treatment
Based on researches done by scientists it has been proved that drinking turmeric water in morning has following benefits over cancer treatment:
- Consumption of Turmeric inhibits COX-2, which is responsible for causing negative inflammation during cancer formation.
- Turmeric water helps to impede vascular epithelial growth which makes cancer cells crave for oxygen and fuel sources.
- Most importantly, Turmeric water induces tumor suppressor genes in the body.
- It is all because of Curcumin, the key component present in Turmeric. Curcumin’s anti-cancer action helps resist cancer cells from spreading one organ to other.
- Turmeric, when consumed orally, helps prevent re-growth of cancer stem cells.
2. Turmeric Water Keeps Diabetes at Bay
Diabetes is a chronic disease that occurs when there is a disruption in sugar level of the body. It can strike anyone, anytime, and nowadays has become too common to capture every next person. It involves a number of diseases which are directly associated with the pancreas, producing insulin hormone. Once you get trapped in this, it becomes hard to come out. All you can to do is manage this disease to stay fit.
Benefits of Drinking Turmeric in Warm Water
Here, Turmeric is that wonderful herb which lends a helping hand to people suffering from diabetes. Turmeric has been used in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicines for centuries. Treating diabetes is one of the many favors it does for body health.
Start daily oral consumption of turmeric to get rid of abrupt sugar level from your body. To get the wholesome benefits out from the turmeric, try taking turmeric with warm water instead of turmeric with cold water. This will not only control your ongoing diabetes but will also prevent pre-diabetes as well. Based on researches done by scientists it has been proved that drinking turmeric in warm water has following benefits in diabetes treatment.
- According to some clinical trials, it has been proved that Curcumin, present in turmeric has the potential to decrease the level of glucose in the blood. Also, this anti-diabetic herb can help vanish away several diabetes-related complications.
- Consumption of turmeric in warm water helps suppresses the activities of white blood cells called macrophages that cause inflammation. This reduction in inflammation could potentially slow down many diabetes-related complications.
- Curcumin improves insulin function. Oral consumption of turmeric reduces insulin resistance by helping insulin get into cells and hence, helps reduces diabetes problem.
- Curcumin plays a major role in diabetes treatment as it protects beta cells, which produce insulin. In a Study, it was found that beta cells grew faster and lived longer in subjects who consumed turmeric in warm water daily for a specific period of time.
3. Turmeric Water Helps You Stay Young Forever
With a growing age, the texture our skin also changes. This change is nothing but a reflection of some inner changes that occur within our body because of hormones. If you compare a younger skin with an aging skin, you’ll find a lot of difference. Younger skin is softer, smoother and glows with a freshness. On the other hand, aging skin incorporates a rough skin texture with lots of defects like deep fine lines, dark spots, sagged skin and pigmentation. Now the question is how turmeric would turn an aging skin to a youthful skin? Relax! We are going to answer all your queries one by one.
Using turmeric for Wrinkles is an ancient but powerful remedy!
Turmeric boasts some skin-friendly compounds like peptides and curcuminoids in it which helps keep the skin vibrant. Fortunately, these compounds counteract inflammatory proteins and suppress the hormones causing skin damage.
Benefits of Drinking Turmeric Water for Skin
This wonder herb is perfect to tackle variable skin conditions like psoriasis, acne, eczema and many more. Turmeric is a rich source of vitamins B, Vitamin C, omega-3 fatty acids, sodium, potassium, volatile oils, fibers, carbohydrates, and proteins. It is a complete package of essential nutrients and minerals that a body needs to stay fit. If you start drinking turmeric water daily and continue this action for a month, this, surely going to prevent and repair damages caused to the skin’s epidermis, dermis, and hair due to chronic sun exposure. Sun exposure is the root cause of signs of aging like wrinkled skin and age spots.
Benefits of Drinking Turmeric Water for Aging Skin
Antiseptic and antioxidant properties of Turmeric water can benefit the aging skin in following manners:
- Improves skin discoloration
- Reduces size of pores in the skin
- Prevents wrinkle formation
- Reduce fine lines
- Treats uneven skin tone
4. Turmeric Water Detoxifies the Liver
In our daily life, we eat/ consume so many things which are undesirable in each and every manner for our body. These harmful chemicals, when taken inside, corrode the liver. We do not realize this, as the effects are minimal but with a slow and steady pace, it damages the whole unit of the liver. Now how to tear off this waste composition? Well, Turmeric will help you in this attrition!
Remedy: Consume Turmeric Water at Night
In a study done by few scientists, it has been said that a compound present in Turmeric named Curcumin is well efficient in stimulating bile production by the gallbladder. It is bile, which washes away the toxic chemicals from liver and turmeric boosts up its power. Moreover, it helps rejuvenates the cells in the liver that helps break down harmful compounds, stuck in our liver. Do you know ointment containing turmeric is used by doctors to relieve the effects of poisoned food? Yes, doctors themselves use this medical herb to cure many diseases and suggest their patients as well.
A glass of turmeric water before bed will flush out all the toxins you consumed whole day!
Consumption of turmeric water before going to bed will work same as oil works for a machine. It will detoxify the blood, purify it, reduce inflammation and remove internal blood clotting if there is any. Apart from this, your liver gets completely cleansed when you wake up in the morning.
Simple Turmeric Tea Recipe
For instance, you didn’t like the taste of turmeric water; you can drink turmeric tea as well. All you have to do is just boil four cups of water, add one spoon of tea and one teaspoon of ground turmeric. You can also add lemon or honey to taste.
5. Turmeric Water Helps Reduce Weight
Obesity has become a major health concern for youth, adults and even senior citizens globally. There has been a lot of news about increased risks of health issues due to overweight. Well, it’s not like we are not aware of the causes that lead to overweight, but the fact is we ignore things and opt for careless activities. A daily work out is sufficient to solve the whole problem but who gets this much time from a busy schedule? So, here we come up with a complete package of solutions for overweight problems, that’s turmeric.
Benefits of Drinking Turmeric Water in Morning
Turmeric is one of those few natural remedies that help us in shedding excess weight easily and safely. If you prefer drinking turmeric water early in the morning, you’ll get lots of benefits over weight loss. To check how turmeric works for a desirable weight loss, read below.
- Turmeric helps prevent accumulation of fat in your adipose tissues.
- Daily consumption of Turmeric, in the morning, burns excessive calories you gained previous day.
- Turmeric stimulates heat production in the body which is an integral part of weight loss process.
- Curcumin, a bioactive compound present in turmeric suppresses obesity-related inflammation in the body. This reduced inflammation results in reducing crave of a person for food consumption.
Best Way to Drink Turmeric Water
Not every method is right when it comes to consumption of turmeric. So, here is the turmeric water recipe for those who need it desperately for a perfect weight loss. Well, first and the foremost thing you’ll need here is 2 glasses of filtered water, then, a half teaspoon of turmeric and lastly, one teaspoon of honey. Boil the water after adding turmeric into it. Stir in honey now and let it boil till it reduces to one glass water. Drinking this mixture in the morning, will give you a healthy dose of antioxidants and will maintain perfect body fitness.
Are You Thinking About Drinking Turmeric Water in Empty Stomach Side Effects?
Drinking turmeric water while empty stomach might cause acid reflux. Do not try this!
- If you are on any medication, it would be better to consult your doctor before you start consuming turmeric for weight loss.
- Pregnant women and lactating moms should leave the thought of turmeric consumption.
- If you are scheduled to undergo a surgery, stop taking turmeric at least two weeks before the day of your operation.
- Benefits of Turmeric water depends on its usage and are for a limited period of time. Overuse may harm the body.